Re-marketing with paid ads after an email campaign
What is it?
After you send an email to your email list, modify that email to be an ad and re-target your email list using:
- Facebook Ads
- Google Display Network
- Native Ads
This leverages the underlying psychological principle of influence called the Mere Exposure Effect.
A few brands that do this well (sign up for their email lists to see for yourself):
Need some more ad inspiration? Check these out:
The formula I use is 72-72-10-15-30-60-90 which means:
- After you send an email to someone, modify that email to be an ad
- 72 hours after the email has been sent, run a campaign for 24 hours re-targeting your email list (or that specific segment of your email list).
- Then wait 72 hours and re-activate the campaign for 24 hours.
- If applicable, re-activate this 24-hour ad campaign again: 10 days after the email campaign was sent out, then 15 days, then 30 days, 60 days, and 90 days after the email campaign was sent out.
- Anyone who has not converted by the 90th day, should be classified as a laggard (a laggard is a potential customer who is not worth paying to acquire).
To learn more about retargeting check out this brief.
Hey [usermeta field=”first_name”],
Are you getting all of the emails that you wanted? You can edit them here at anytime: